1. The most widely accepted special ritual or puja for Pitra Dosh is NARAYAN BALI PUJA. This puja is performed only at few prescribed places such as (1) Tryambakeshwar in Nasik, (2) Chandod near Dabhoi near Vadodara in Gujarat, (3) Kala Hasti in Tamil Nadu and (4) Haridwar. It is very important to note that the puja have to be performed at the mentioned places.
2. This Puja can remove all kinds of Pitra Dosh,
On any Somwati Amavasya, when the Amavasya is falling on Monday, go to Pipal tree. Offer one Yagyopavit to the tree and second Yagyopavit to Lord Vishnu. Then do 108 Parikrama (move in circles around) of tree. While doing Parikrama, chant the mantra "Om Namo Bhaagvate Vaasudevaay"
And offer a sweet to the tree with each Parikrama. After finishing the Parikrama, again pray to the Pipal tree and Lord Vishnu and ask forgiveness.
3. To perform this puja, One Madhuroopen Rudraksh is required. This puja is done only in Pitru Paksh. Put the Rudraksh in a plate. Start chanting "Om Namah Shivay" mantra for 108 times while continuously looking at the Rudraksh. Perform this process for all the 14 days of Pitru Paksh. On the Sarva Pitru Amavasya, wear the Rudraksh around the neck using black thread. This will get rid of Pitru Dosh.
4. Similar to the above mentioned remedy 3, take one normal Panchmukhi Rudraksh. Do 1,25,000 jaap of "OM NAMAH SHIVAY" mantra in 11 days. Then wear the Rudraksh around the neck using black thread.
5. During the Pitru Paksh, chant 2 / 3 / 5 or 11 mala of following mantra, using any mala.
"OM KREEM KLEEM KRISHNAAY PITRU DOSH NIVARANAAY KLEEM FATT"
6. To get blessings of all Pitras, this method is extremely useful. Take a brand new Rudraksh Mala to perform this puja. Do not use a mala which was used to chant other mantras. Chant the following mantra for 11 malas daily during the Pitru Paksh.
"OM SARVA PITRU PRAM PRASANNA BHAVA OM"
7. Worshipping Lord Vishnu, especially the form of Sri Ram, is also advised for Pitra Dosh Nivaran. Person can also worship Lord Vishnu with the main mantra "OM NAMO NARAYANAAY".
8. Every Saturday, make rice balls by mixing cooked rice and ghee. Feed these rice balls to crows and fish.
9. Unconditional services to parents, old-age needy persons, sweeper and poor people are recommended. The person should try not to get angry in this life and try not to engage in any kind of quarrels in his lifetime.
10. Another excellent method to get rid of Pitra Dosh is to get Special Pitra Dosh Nivaran Diksha from Param Pujya Gurudev.
11. Try to feed 10 Thousand, One Thousand or Hundred Brahmins, as one can afford.
12. Perform Kanya Daan (perform the marriage of a girl), if possible for a Brahmin Kanya.
13. Help other people who are performing Shraddh Karma.
14. Perform Rudrabhishek (Rudra Abhishek ) in the name of the KUL or ancestors.
15. Donate Gold Cow to a Brahmin, with the Sankalp stating that this is for the ancestors.
16. Donate Neelam gem stone to someone in need.
17. Make balls of rice and ghee and feed them to cows and fish every Sunday.